FAQs for Our Professional Network
What is the billing process?
Invoices can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 403-252-6161.
Invoices received up to the 7th of each month are processed for payment that month, but only those related to work completed in the previous month are included in your payment. For example, you can send invoices up to July 7 for any sessions held in June (or before). If any of those invoices accidentally include July sessions, payment for those sessions will be held for payment in August.
It’s important to note that no invoices are paid unless your corresponding reports are up-to-date by the 7th of each month. In addition, a signed Consent Form must also be on file with us before an invoice can be approved.
- invoice by the 7th of each month for sessions completed the previous month
- send a separate invoice for each client you assist
- use a unique invoice number on each invoice
- make sure we have a signed Consent Form filed for each client assisted so that your invoices can be approved
Invoice Template (Excel file for PC or Mac) – This template includes an invoice on the first tab and instructions on the second tab, making it easy to create an invoice that meets our billing requirements.
Why does the invoice number need to be different on each invoice?
If you don’t already have an invoicing system in place, you may wish to use the following approach: create a distinct invoice number by combining the confidential client number with the session number. For example: 23456-1. The next invoice would therefore be 23456-2, and so forth.
Please remember: all invoices, regardless of whichever distinct numbering system you use, must include a reference to the confidential client code somewhere on the invoice. Invoices received without confidential client codes and distinct invoices numbers cannot be honoured.
Why do I need to send separate invoices for each client that I assist on Arete’s behalf?
This system also makes it easy for us to track and locate payment records, should you ever have a question regarding a particular invoice.
Working with Us
Why does Arete ask the client to book their appointments directly with me?
During our intake process, we encourage clients in this regard, and assure them you are expecting their call.
I have a colleague I’d like to refer. How do they become part of your network?
We choose our counsellors carefully. Everyone in our professional service provider network must:
- hold either a Master’s or PhD degree
- provide proof annually that they are a member in good standing of a relevant professional association, indicating compliance with the appropriate code of ethics and relevant legislation
- provide proof annually of relevant professional insurance
We want the best possible experience for our clients. That’s why we’re building and maintaining a network of professionals that you can be proud to be a part of!
What is the Consent Form and what do I do with it?
It must be signed by the client and the counsellor during their first session and sent to our office via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax (1-403-252-6161) as soon as possible after the session. No invoices can be paid until this signed form is received by our office.
I’m having trouble logging on to e-Tera™ to do my online reporting. Any advice?
Using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox:
- Click the e-Tera login link on the Professional Network page of the Arete website. You can also log in by clicking here.
- Log in by entering your User name and the Password provided to you. Your user name is all lower case letters, but your password is case sensitive (upper and lower case). If you get an error code, close all browser windows and try again from the beginning; otherwise you may receive the same error message .
- Once in e-Tera, you will be prompted to enter a confidential code. This is the confidential code listed in your referral package.
- You will now be able to update the relevant case file. Please refer to the document e-Tera™ Clinicians Help Guide for a detailed walk-through of the reporting area. This document was included in the referral information sent to you.
If none of these suggestions work, please contact one of our intake coordinators for assistance.
I've moved. Where do I send notice of my new address?
I've added a new specialization to my practice. Is there any way to note this in your database?
Why do I need to send yearly proof of my registration and insurance?
We must also be able to provide copies of your proof of insurance and registration to our clients, or the insurance company under which clients are covered if requested. Since professionals may decide not to renew coverage/registration, and would therefore no longer meet our requirements, we ask for annual proof of current status in both these areas.
I'm a counsellor currently seeing a private client who has informed me they are able to access counselling coverage through Arete - what should I do?
If you are not already in our established network, you will need to be approved as an Arete service provider. We would be happy to help you with this and ask you to contact us at email@example.com.